2.1.13

Lolita 52 Challenge: Satisfaction with my current wardrobe.

Happy new year everyone! Hope you were able to spend it with your loved ones, if not, I wish you and your loved ones a prosperous new year. =)

With the new year, I wanted to try something new for this blog besides the Lolita Blog Carnival topics I normally write about. As if she read my mind, lovely Caro (the person behind F-yeah Lolita!) came up with this great challenge! She has the full list for the year on her blog here, check it out!




I really liked her idea of pulling from a jar every week so she remembers to do it, and that way you don't feel like you have to do it in order (which is oh-so-droll), but since I'm always traveling, I'm going to use a random number generator instead. I'm pretty much only going to post this big list this week, but the following weeks I'll just link back to the ones I've already completed.

  1.  5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style
  2.  5 movies for Lolitas
  3.  What my own Lolita lifestyle is like 
  4.  Favorite thing to put on my head
  5.  My wardrobe turnover
  6.  My favorite Lolita brand
  7.  Why I wear Lolita?
  8.  Why don't I wear Lolita more often?
  9.  5 keywords that describe my personal Lolita style
  10.  How I first found out about Lolita
  11.  3 trends I wish would come back
  12.  Combining other fashions with Lolita
  13.  Lolitas I have met in real life
  14.  Lolitas I would love to meet
  15.  3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita
  16.  10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe
  17.  My first meetup
  18.  Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love
  19.  Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on
  20.  How satisfied I am with my current wardrobe
  21.  Plan for a trip! A week's worth of Lolita outfits I can fit in a small suitcase
  22.  How I accessorize
  23.  What influences my Lolita style
  24.  What's in my makeup bag
  25.  Best places to wear Lolita
  26.  How I get out of a wardrobe slump
  27.  Purses that I love
  28.  Bloomers or no bloomers?
  29.  Lolitafying things in my everyday life
  30.  How long it took me to build a complete wardrobe
  31.  Impulse buys that were totally worth it
  32.  My best deal
  33.  Something that I made
  34.  Wardrobe blunders! Things I bought that I ended up regretting!
  35.  What I thought when I got my first real piece of Lolita
  36.  Nails to match my favorite looks
  37.  Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
  38.  Favorite hair style
  39.  Most versatile Lolita item I own
  40.  5 inspirational fictional characters
  41.  Fondest meetup memory
  42.  The ways in which I fit the cliche
  43.  The ways in which I do not fit the cliche
  44.  How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions
  45.  Something that was a gift
  46.  Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
  47.  The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get
  48.  My "signature" outfit
  49.  My favorite Lolita print
  50.  What's in my closet, but I haven't worn yet!
  51.  Predict the next Lolita trend!
  52.  How Lolita has changed me
This week I picked out number #20, which is "How satisfied are you with your current wardrobe?" I'm really glad I picked this because this past year, I was able to track down so many dream dresses I had completely given up hope on. I spent quite a bit of money on a lot of them, but I couldn't be happier since I probably won't sell any of them for a long while, and their rarity will make it well worth selling it if I ever do end up leaving the fashion entirely. I'll be using the seller's photos for all of these since a couple of them I haven't finished paying for yet, or I don't have my own personal photos.

Photo credit: pastelbat

Magical Etoile in sax has been my dream dress for close to three years. I didn't immediately like the print until I saw more photoshoots with the dress. Not to mention, it was the entire set, which is already really hard to find! I'm really happy Pastelbat was able to sell it to me!

Photo credit: etsplanations

I fell in love with this gorgeous dress by Lusty 'n Wonderland, called the Rose d'Encre. I had pretty much given up on finding it when I missed the super-limited reserve run, and ogled this photo for over a year before I had given up on it. Then, I found it for sale by the same awesome person who took the photo in the first place, and I'm currently in a payment plan for it! We have been chatting online lately, and she is a real sweetheart. Sometimes the best part about finding a dream dress is getting to know someone new through purchasing it. =) 

Also, seriously check out the entire credit link I posted, it's her entire wardrobe post on EGL, and by god, it is absolutely gorgeous. I hope one day my wardrobe can be that awe-inducing.

Photo credit: cutedeer

This photo is actually random and doesn't belong to the seller I'm purchasing it from or me, but it does picture what I'm in the process of buying! A new friend of mine confirmed for me that she'll be letting go her Puppet Circus (another sought-after print I had given up on) since she wants to leave lolita. It is absolutely gorgeous! Most people say they're not a huge fan of the pink colourway, but I really think it's such a great, unique, colour that Angelic Pretty rarely uses. Not to mention the print is absolutely glorious. I haven't seen anything like it yet.

That along with the other purchases I have made during last year, I think I am finally really rounding out my wardrobe with those super hard-to-find un-necessities that I held off on until I purchased my more basic pieces.

All in all, at this point I'm just trying to get more things for the other styes I like, like mori-girl, gyaru, and cult party-kei, and I think my lolita collecting will be at mostly, a standstill, aside for some trading here and there and maybe some brand-new releases every once in a while. =)

Hope you enjoyed the challenge, and link me if you decide to do it yourself in the comments! =D

6 comments:

  1. Great finds! Wow, Puppet Circus, that's such a rare piece! I also really love Magical Etoile :D the black JSK I own is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puppet Circus is SO hard to find! You occasionally find it on sale, but for exorbitant amounts of money. ;A; $1,000+ to be exact, it's horrible! But I was able to purchase this one from a friend, who had also purchased it from a friend, so I'm getting it for a really fair price. =)

      Magical Etoile is gooorgeous. I still haven't been able to wear it quite yet, but I can't wait! Black was my next favourite colour to get it in, not to mention I probably would have preferred the JSK, but I'm still really happy with it. *A*

      Delete
  2. Wow! Such lovely dreams you had acquired during the year, I've been fond of Rose d'Encre for a long time but too expensive for my poor wallet. The pink of the Puppet Circus is beautiful, dusty like I like them!

    Congrats and happy new year ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I really love that dress. ;A; I don't mind purchasing it for the price because I know how unique it is and I tend to keep my dresses around for a long time. *A* And I agree, Puppet Circus in pink is so nice!

      Happy new year to you too!! =D

      Delete
  3. I regret a lot selling my magical étoile! I hope I can find the black again ;_;
    you have pretty pieces! Congrats ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And oh nooo, I'm sorry you ended up selling it, it's a really great piece. ;A; Hope you find it again!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!